Resilient and Ready by Design
- Hope - Their ideas and energy for the future
- Engagement - Their involvement in and enthusiasm for school
- Wellbeing - How they think about and experience their lives
- 56% qualify as hopeful: students possess numerous ideas and abundant energy for the future.
- 57% qualify as engaged: students are highly involved with and enthusiastic about school.
- 71% qualify as thriving: students think about present and future life in positive terms, they tend to be in good health and have strong social support.
- 37% qualify as "Ready for the Future": students are hopeful, engaged and thriving.
NKY RESILIENCY POLL
In 2015, the Northern Kentucky Education Council began discussions with Cincinnati Children's Hospital and Medical Center on developing a student poll that would measure the hope, engagement, wellbeing and resiliency of students in grades 3-12. This new NKY Resiliency Poll would expand the scope of the poll to include younger students (in grades 3 and 4), as well as provide more timely data to the participating schools.
In the fall of 2016, the Northern Kentucky Education Council partnered with Cincinnati Children's Hospital and Medical Center to pilot the NKY Resiliency Poll. Four Northern Kentucky school districts participated in this pilot of the new poll, which was administered to over 20,000 students in grades 3-12.